This IS the Day !!!

This is the day the LORD has made; I WILL rejoice and be glad in it!  Psalm 118:24


The birds sing this same refrain
As does the morning's gentle rain
Though the day's yet dark and drear
Father's children sense He's near.

Ever planning for our good
All things together, so we should
Never worry, dread or fear
Any weather the day may wear

For it cannot hold back the flood
Of love bought us through Jesus' blood.

Thank You, LORD, for gifts galore
And whispers of "I love you more!"

Oh, how I love Jesus! Oh, how I love Jesus! Oh, how I love Jesus,
because He first loved me!


Comments

Gerrie said…
Tina, I am so happy to have found your blog after so long. I'm proud of you for keeping it up and continuing in sharing your love of the Lord and the gifts the Lord has given you with your readers. I've not written a post since 2013, but had to find something I wrote earlier than that on my blog and decided to see if you are still at it. I PRAISE GOD that you are so faithful!!

I love the poem! You wrote this, right? And..."In the Garden" is my long time favorite song. I grew up with "Oh, How I Love Jesus" and love it too. Thank you so much for sharing your heart and these songs with us!
Tina said…
Gerrie, it's SO good to hear from you! I wish you could've seen how big I grinned when your comments came into my email like a heavenly hug. I've popped into your blog on occasion to get updated on you and missed you there. I wish I'd been as thoughtful of you and let you know I was checking in. Please forgive me.

It's so encouraging that you felt I'd shared on my blog with any inconsistency. The enemy whispers how ashamed I should feel for letting it go, like every project I undertake. And as you mentioned in one of your other comments, isn't it just like him to use these good intentions against us and confuse us with feelings; with measuring sticks of comparison to those out there who "seem" to have it all together and appear so committed to their projects.

Yes, I wrote that poem in my morning quiet time the same day I posted it. My poetry has always been pretty rough, but so am I -- so are we, all His children -- because He's still working on me/us!

Since we're practically neighbors I hope we can catch up. Thank you for taking your time to encourage me.

Popular Posts