5 Minute Friday - Laundry



Photo Credit:  Microsoft Office 2010
Is it just me or is there not something comforting about the routine of laundry?  Like most household chores it must be repeated again and again, but there's always something refreshing and renewing that comes from doing laundry that I don't really get from something like sweeping or toilet bowl cleaning; know what I mean?
 
I guess one of the things is that it engages my senses more than other chores.  While the dirty laundry is not the favorite fragrance of the routine, it is, nonetheless, a familiar one.  You recognize your loved ones in the piles, don't you?  Then, the clean laundry!  Oh, how I love the smell of clean laundry!

Another thing I love about laundry is the sound of it.  My favorite day is a spring or fall day, windows raised, no television or other noise, and the sound of the washer and dryer humming their special life rhythm.  The dryer's fragrance floats back through windows raised and it's just a perfect day.  

No, sweeping and toilet cleaning just don't treat the senses the way laundry does.  Laundry, I suppose, is the rhythm and fragrance of life.

Your Turn:  How do you feel about laundry?


Comments

Measi said…
Here via Five Minute Fridays *waves* Glad to see another writer did this on Monday instead.

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum with laundry, but only because I never seem to get on top of it and always feel overwhelmed by it. I have to admit, though, there's nothing quite as soothing as the smell (and feel) of warm, clean sheets fresh out of the dryer!

Happy Monday...
Gerrie said…
Oh dear, me! Sorry, Tina. I really don't like to do laundry. I do, however, love it when the clean clothes are finally either folded or hung up and ready for use when needed.

Popular Posts